OUR OBJECTIVE IS TO PREPARE THEM TO REACH THEIRS.
Bilingual development of the student is the core foundation of our curriculum and leads to in-depth proficiency – both oral and written – in both the English language and in the Italian language.
At the end of the study cycle, the student will then be able to:
- Be thorough in dealing with study subjects.
- Use logical- mathematical strategies (critical thinking).
- Show he/she has consolidated a working method – both individual and in a group – including the use of I.T. tools.
- Demonstrate resourcefulness; recognizing one’s own personality, potential and originality, even in a context of work that involves sacrifices: effort and hard work build the bridges between goals and reality.
- Communicate effortlessly in the first and in the second language,
In this way every BBS pupil can transition to an another school, whether in Italy or abroad.
Learning two or more langauges is so much more than a mere superficial understanding of each. Bilingual children, when compared to their monolingual peers demonstrate more self/control, greater problem sloving abilities and better decision making skills.
To understand the affects of bilingualism, one must start by understanding that the brain is perfectly capable of managing two or more languages simultaneously from birth. Bilingual children often innately understand the workings of a language and learn to master it on their own. Furthermore, they tend to choose which language to communicate in depending on who they are speaking to, which means they realise that other people may see things from a different perspective than their own.
It has been proved that bilingualism allows heightened the ability to multi task more quickly.